Thursday, April 24, 2008

Bad Nal-genes?


Is there really a problem with my Nal-genes (sorry, had to go for it).   But, in all seriousness,  I'm kinda hoping for a second (third, fourth, fifth,...) opinion on the recent (at least recent to me) problem with Nalgenes.  More specifically with Bisphenol A (BPA) which is the chemical compound that makes up the Lexan polycarbonate found in Nalgene bottles.  According to some researchers, BPA may also cause hormone-related problems such as premature puberty and weight gain, breast cancer, low sperm county and an enlarged prostate.  

What to do? I love my Nalgene.  Not just for the great effort I've had to make it oh-so-cool with trendy brand stickers but because it is durable, functional, and encourages me to drink water and not coffee.  I've taken it around the world and it has served me well.

So, what to do?  If you have any thoughts let me know.  If you're wondering too, here's a couple links:


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just sort of the other side of the "sky-is-falling" alarmism...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,352478,00.html