Friday, May 30, 2008

Food & Song



Last Wednesday after prayer/bible study at the church I said to my friend Dani, "Vamos a comer!"  I was so hungry and Dani is usually up for some Pica Pollo or other local delicacy.  However, tonight I was in for a real treat.  He invited me to a get together a couple houses down for locrio...chicken locrio!  So good.  So good.  I got to meet some new neighbors, listen to some great singing and enjoy a heaping plate of chicken locrio...all at about 11pm...a nice bedtime snack.  I didn't get a picture of the finished product but here is the backyard cooking set-up and the singing crew complete with tin-can drum, spoons, another rubber-pail drum and some fancy finger work on the guitar.  So good.  So good.






1 comment:

Unknown said...

Stop making me jealous that you're in the DR!!!!