Friday, March 26, 2010

Bench 2.0

I enjoy snooping through design + architecture magazines and, for some reason, have a growing affection for benches. When I was in the Dominican I acquired a great, great slab of wood that was just the piece of wood to get the bench-idea into an actual sit-able bench. I enjoyed this bench--let's call it Bench 1.0--for some time but have since said my good-byes and trust it is being used and enjoyed. (Until I can devise a way to ship it up to Canada. As I said, an affection.)

Well, with the help of my turning-ideas-into-action-father, I am moving forward (in the memory of Bench 1.0) as Bench 2.0 is underway. My affection for benches and emerging affection for laminated wood came together this week. Here are some images from the project which, after tomorrow's routing, sanding & varnishing, will be sit-able.

(Please excuse any overly affectionate talk related to furniture)






















No comments: