Friday, July 11, 2008

Friday Link | Footsize?


So, considering the number of fellow world-dwellers there are, my lifestyle suggest there are 3.83 worlds to support my current lifestyle (I think I have that right).   According to the World Wildlife Funds' Ecological Footprint Calculator I am living beyond the world's means.  Weird...I don't heat my house, have consistent electricity or have disposable income for world-depleting gallivants.   I do try to buy local produce (except Granny Smith apples from Washington) and whenever possible I do try to recycle (however, the barrio has yet to implement a Blue Box program).  Today I even brought my own bowl to  buy morro so I wouldn't have to use sytrofoam.  

3.83 worlds?

Well, take a look at the quick & easy online survey HERE and let me know if you are more eco-friendly.  The least world-depleting person wins a steak dinner, a limo ride, and a gift card to a WAL-Mart Supercenter.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm such an under-achiever... I registered only 3.64 Earths. Good thing I refuse to feel guilty for enjoying my life.

On a side note, I thought it was kind of funny that 22 degrees C was considered "hot".

Elizabeth said...

2.23...different from other footprint calculators I've tried. All year my grade 2 class looked at the question, "What does it mean to leave a footprint?" Definitely a hot topic right now

See you in a few weeks!
Liz

Amaris said...

1.93 earths. I walk everywhere. And I have no money. So I don't buy organic but neither do I fly much anymore. :)